Today was the first day of
hell Summer Vacation.
It did not go well.
Using the system they use in her fourth-grade classroom, Little was placed on varying shades of the behavior rainbow until she landed on: RED
We took a deep breath, hit the do-over button, and decided to break up the day with a little science. Namely, ice cream in a bag.
- 1 C Half-and-Half
- 1/2 C Salt (coarser the better)
- 2 T Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Pint-Size Ziplock Bag
- 1 Gallon-Size Ziplock Bag
- Mix-Ins (optional)
- Combine sugar, half-and-half, and vanilla in the pint-sized bag and seal tightly.
- Place salt and ice in the gallon-sized bag, then place the sealed smaller bag inside as well. Seal the larger bag. Now, shake the bags until the mixture hardens (about five minutes).
- Remove the smaller bag. Add any mix-ins and eat the ice cream right out of the bag.
- Enjoy your kid’s amazed expression.